What Is Dyspareunia?
Find Sex Painful? This Could Be The Reason
Dyspareunia is the medical term used to describe painful intercourse.
Estimated to affect 9.3% of women, particularly the younger generation, it is a problem that could affect almost every woman at some point in their lives.
There are many causes of Dyspareunia, many are not serious and are easily treatable but a few, serious. If you are suffering from painful intercourse, it could be due to:
- Lack of lubrication/Vaginal dryness. If you do not produce enough natural lubrication, you are nervous or anxious or you have not spent enough time on foreplay then sex is likely to be uncomfortable as the vagina will not be fully aroused.
- The man is well-endowed. Though not a complaint to many women, some women find their partner’s penises are too large and in certain positions can cause pain if the penetration is too deep as the penis can sometimes hit the cervix (‘collision dyspareunia’) causing pain.
- Vaginismus is when the vaginal muscles go into spasm, this is usually always caused by fear of intercourse being painful which makes sex almost impossible. It can be caused by unease with a partner, past abuse, painful vaginal infections or are a view that sex is wrong or dirty.
- Menopausal/Post-Menopausal dryness. Women going through the menopause or have gone through the menopause will experience a decline in female sex hormones which can cause dryness.
“Most reasons for painful sex are not serious”
Other causes of pain include:
- A womb disorder, including fibroids, Endometriosis etc.
- Ovarian cysts can cause deep pain during intercourse. Depending on where the ovary is located, sometimes the tip of the penis could touch the ovary, causing pain.
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) caused by infection and if the vaginal tissues are badly inflamed and infected, the pressure caused by sex can cause pain.
- Ectopic pregnancy. A pregnancy that occurs outside of the womb in the Fallopian tube. This can make intercourse extremely painful.
- Injury or trauma to the vagina, in an accident, during childbirth or sexual abuse.
- Vaginal infections such as Thrush or STI’s (Sexually transmitted infections).
If you experience any of these problems, your first port of call should be your doctor who will be able to determine what the problem is and offer a treatment.
If your problem is vaginal dryness and lack of lubrication then a suitable solution could be a female renewal gel such as Hersolution Gel
There is no need for pricey and risky surgical and vaginal rejuvenation procedures to restore lubrication and tightness.
Hersolution Gel is a natural vaginal rejuvenation gel, that uses proven natural ingredients to promote vaginal tightening and enhancing blood flow to the genitals, tightening vaginal walls and giving you powerful orgasms and enhances overall sexual enjoyment.